Our strategy is simple: we’ve set our sights on being the partner of choice for people who need complex retirement solutions. We deliver our specialist products and services through a wide range of intermediary distribution partners, including independent financial advisers, wealth managers, employee benefit consultants and private banks. We also pride ourselves on providing fair priced, risk-controlled solutions to most pension needs.
- 1982 – Company launched providing financial advice and small self- administered schemes administration (SSAS).
- 1997 – Entered the self-invested personal pension (SIPP) market.
- 2009 – Sold the financial advisory arm of our business to focus on pension administration.
- 2013 – Embark group acquired controlling stake of Hornbuckle (vital statistics below for the Group)
- 2016 – Embark Services Limited (ESL), trading as Hornbuckle was created as a wholly owned subsidiary of Embark Group.
Hornbuckle’s vital statistics
- Formed: 1982
- Employees: 90+
- AuA: c£3.5bn
- Clients: 16,500+
- AKG rating of B strong
- Locations: 3
- Ownership: 100% private across eight shareholders
- Turnover: >£10m
- Capital adequacy ratio: we maintain at least 125% at all times and currently significantly higher
Figures correct as of September 2018.
The Embark Group’s vital statistics
- Employs c475
- Eight businesses located in six officess
- c£22.5bn assets under administration
- c180,000 consumer clients
- Majority of our subsidiaries have an AKG rating of B (strong)
- We have won 14 major industry awards over the last 10 years
- 100% privately owned
- £ multi-million year-on-year capital investment
- Committed to professional excellence across our people
- Blue chip management and non-executive team
- £10m Professional Indemnity (PI) cover
Figures correct as of October 2019.