Find a financial adviser
When it comes to saving for a pension, there are many aspects that you may be able to do yourself if you research them carefully, including using the information on this site. But making the wrong decisions can come at a high price. It’s worth getting financial advice if you’re thinking about:
- The type of pension product that best suits your needs;
- Decisions in the run-up to retirement;
- Decisions about an annuity;
- Switching from a defined benefit to a defined contribution pension scheme.
If you buy a personal pension product based on financial advice, you know you’re getting a product that matches your needs and circumstances. You may even get access to a wider range of choices than you’d be able to assess realistically on your own.
You’ll need to pay fees (not commission) for financial adviser support. Keep this cost in perspective − it may not be much more than a visit from the plumber or a full service for your car. And if it helps you to build the financial future you want, it’s money well spent.
Where to search for an adviser
Whether you use an adviser or an annuity broker, you should make sure they’re authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). You can check the register using the link below:
Access the details of financial advisers in your local area at www.unbiased.co.uk
Please note that these links take you to external content, which Hornbuckle is not responsible for maintaining.
We’ve made it easy for you to find a local financial adviser that is registered to work with us. Simply enter part of your address or postcode in the search box below and press ‘find a financial adviser now’, this will return all the financial adviser firms that are registered to work with us that are closest to you. The red marker that appears on the map indicates your location; the grey markers show those firms that are closest to you.
- We have undertaken due diligence on all of the registered financial adviser firms that we work with.
- We cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy of the data presented as a result of the financial adviser search.